On this holiday edition of Cooking For Your Pets, Pet World Insider’s resident Pet Chef, Robert Semrow, shows you a fun and creative holiday recipe for those special pups in your life – Carrot Muffin Dog Treats! The Recipe is a wonderful muffin treat and then a fun and healthy way to make dog safe colored icing to decorate with.
2 Cups of Carrots
1 cup sugar free Apple Sauce
1/2 cup Milk
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a blender mix carrots, apple sauce, eggs and milk then set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix whole wheat flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
4. Add the wet carrot mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until mixed well.
5. Spoon muffin batter into cooking molds or muffin pan until 1/2 to 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
7. Cool 15 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
8 oz. Light Cream Cheese
Orange — 1 Cup of Carrots
Red — 1 Cup of Raspberries
Green — 1 Cup of Kale
Blue — 1 Cup of Blue Berries
Make Frosting. Mix ingredients together with blender. It is important to mix well and not have clumps of fruit or vegetable so the icing will flow smoothly through the squeeze bottle. Quick tip to make decorating easier – place your blended icing mix in the squeeze bottle and then in the fridge for about 10 minutes to give it some time to solidify. This will make it easier to decorate with the icing and squeeze bottle.
Have fun and happy Easter!
Visit PetWorldInsider.com for more great recipes and pet information. Don’t forget to listen to Pet World Insider Radio at www.petworldinsider.com for daily pet industry experts, nutritionists and other important and fun pet related topics.